|Information About Alexandra Headland, Sunshine Coast
Alexandra Headland on the Sunshine Coast
One of the best and most relaxing places to stay on the Sunshine Coast is Alexandra Headland which is a small stretch of land situated between Mooloolaba and Maroochydore. Alexandra Headland is exciting area that is conveniently located right alongside a beautiful stretch of beach and is just a short drive from the Sunshine Coast Airport. By choosing to stay in Alexandra Headland for your next Queensland holiday you will be placing yourself close to everything that the vibrant Sunshine Coast has to offer, as well as being able to make the most of the relaxed waterfront lifestyle that this region offers. International travellers, families and groups of friends will find in and around Alexandra Headland plenty of find dining delights that serve cuisine from all around the world, as well as modern Australian menus and a variety of fresh locally caught seafood. Within the Alexandra Headland region you will find a number of luxury holiday apartments as well as a range of fully self contained serviced apartments that pride themselves on providing affordable holiday accommodation to suit any budget. So if you are looking for somewhere to stay on the Sunshine Coast that is in a central location, has a relaxed lifestyle, is just a short walk from the partrolled surf beach and is only a leisurely drive to all of the other attractions on the Sunshine Coast then you really should stay at Alexandra Headland for your next Queensland holiday.
Northpoint Holiday Apartments
Visitors to the Sunshine Coast will find that the Northpoint Holiday Apartments is well positioned halfway between the relaxing holiday townships of Mooloolaba and Maroochydore and features a variety of spacious 2 bedroom apartments that are all fully self contained with their own private balcony overlooking the water. Situated only 200 meters away from the Alexandra Headland surf club this affordable holiday accommodation comes complete with a range of resort facilities including a large solar heated swimming pool and adjacent barbecue area.
Address : 1 Pacific Terrace, Alexandra Headland, Sunshine Coast,Queensland, Australia
Oaks Seaforth Resort
One of the best things about the Oaks Seaforth Resort is that it is situated just 2 kilometres from the Mooloolaba Esplanade and Underwater World, as well as be close to golf courses, tourist attractions and all of the premier Sunshine Coast venues. The Oaks Seaforth Resort provides couples, families and groups of friends with a selection of luxury 1, 2 & 3 bedroom self contained serviced apartments & penthouses that have all of the amenities to be the perfect Sunshine Coast resort accommodation.
Address : 98-110 Alexandra Parade, Alexandra Headland, 4572, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Headland Gardens Holiday Apartments
When you choose to stay at the Headland Gardens Holiday Apartments on the beautiful Sunshine Coast you can relax by the heated tropical pools, wind down in the hot spa, sauna or steam room, play in the games room with billiards, air hockey and table tennis and play some tennis on the 1/2 tennis court at the back of the resort next to the BBQ area. The Headland Gardens Holiday Apartments is a family friendly holiday resort that has a number of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments ideally positioned on the delightful Alexandra Headland.
Address : 7 Juan St, Alexandra Headland, Queensland 4572
Ocean Vista on Alex
Situated close by to the Ocean Vista on Alex apartment accommodation are some of the best golf courses, watersport facilities and family entertainment that is available on the Queensland Sunshine Coast. Also close by to the Ocean Vista on Alex apartment are the pristine patrolled beaches of the region and major tourist attractions such as Aussie Zoo, Under Water World, Ettamoga Pub and Big Pineapple. What could be more relaxing than have a holiday in one of the Ocean Vista on Alex's luxurious appointed and fully self-contained 1, 2 or 3 bedroom apartments.
Address : 10-12 Edward Street, Alexandra Headland, Mooloolaba, Sunshine Coast, Queensland
Map of Alexandra Headland Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Alexandra Headland
- Sunshine Coast's most popular tourist attractions is Underwater World, which is perfectly situated at the southern end of the Mooloolaba Esplanade just a short distance from the Alexandra Headland. Here you will discover plenty of amazing marine life exhibits and unique animal presentations that will keep people of all ages entertained. Some of the main attractions at Underwater World include the sting rays, turtles, living coral, seals and sharks.
- One of the Sunshine Coast's largest tourist attractions is the Ginger Factory. It is centrally located on Pioneer Road in Yandina and provides lots of things to see and do. At the Ginger Factory you will find a range of fascinating exhibits and diplays, unique rides for the kids, delicious food in the Ginger Cafe, plenty of shopping and even tropical gardens with relaxing walking trails.
- Another great tousist attraction on the Sunshine Coast is the Big Pineapple. This unique icon is located on Nambour Connection Road in Woombye, just a short drive from the Alexandra Headland. The Big Pineapple Market is one of the biggest all weather markets on the coast and has a lively atmosphere with a huge variety of fresh and local produce. At the Big Pineapple you will also find an exciting ride for young kids, a rainforest walk, wildlife garden and harvest boat ride.
- If you like golf then you should play a round of golf at the nearby Headland Golf Club during your stay at the Alexandra Headland. This 9 hole golf club is is a great place to spend an afternoon or alternatively you can take a longer drive and play any number of other championship style golf courses that are located nearby.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Alexandra Headland
- If you like a swim or are looking to keep fit whilst on holidays in Alexandra Headland then go to the Cotton Tree Olympic Pool. Ideally positioned along the foreshore this large pool is popular with people who want to swim a few laps in the early morning as well as kids who are looking for somewhere safe to swim during the warm Sunshine Coast weather.
- Located just a short drive away from Alexandra Headland is the main Sunshine Coast shopping centre known as Sunshine Plaza. This extensive shopping centre is open 7 days a week and has lots of car parking and a wide selection of stores selling everything including designer fashions, souvenirs, unique gifts, homewares, swimwear, shoes, clothing, electrical goods and jewellery. The Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre also features a number of places where you can pamper yourself or enjoy a bite to eat and refreshing drink.
- Just a short walk from Alexandra Headland is the Mooloolaba Wharf where there is a Twilight Community Market held every Friday afternoon. This unique market is a great place for retail therapy and has a wide selection of children's clothing, surf equipment, arts and crafts, jewellery, homewares and much more. The Mooloolaba Market is not only a great place to find a bargain but also is a relaxing way to spend a Friday afternoon.
- Located on Maroochy Boulevard the Maroochydore Homemaker Centre is a large shopping centre that is filled with everything that you would need for your home. This shopping centre is open 7 days a week and has lots of car parking and a wide selection of stores selling everything from camping, clothing and furniture through to toys, bedding and homewares.