|Information About Maroochydore, Sunshine Coast
Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast
The city of Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast is known as the commercial centre of the region because it not only is where the main airport into the Sunshine Coast is but also because the majority of the large businesses and shopping centres are based in Maroochydore. Well positioned on the banks of the Maroochy River and just a short drive from the beautiful beaches on the Sunshine Coast Maroochydore has a relaxed feel to it whilst still being large enough to have everything that you would need. There are lots of residental and serviced apartment buildings in and around Maroochydore, ranginf from budget holiday apartments through to luxury villas with all of the facilities to make you feel like a king. One of the best things about staying in Maroochydore is that it is in such a convenient location, but is still very close to the many tourist attractions, tour operator and recreational facilities that the Sunshine Coast is known for. The redeveloped esplanade area of Maroochydore is a great place to visit during your stay because of the many fine dining restaurants and cosmopolitan cafes that you will find in this area. On the Esplanade you will also find the Cotton Tree Olympic swimming pool, which is a great place for people who want to keep fit during their holidays. Alternatively you could make the most of the many bike, jogging and walking trails that are scattered all across the region.
The Rovera Apartments in Maroochydore offer comfortable and affordable 1, 2 & 3 bedroom self contained serviced apartments that are fully furnished and ideal for a family holiday. The Rovera Apartments Maroochydore has a variety of resort facilities including a heated swimming pool, jacuzzi, BBQ facilities and entertaining area. The Rovera Apartments Maroochydore are also also conveniently located close to everything you need for a great family holiday including fishing, lawn bowls, patrolled surf beach, tennis courts, Cinemas and shopping centres.
Address : Cnr King Street and Cotton Tree Parade, Cotton Tree, Queensland, 4558
Pacific Horizons Resort Apartments
The Pacific Horizons Resort is well positioned in Maroochydore, which is the heart of the Queensland Sunshine Coast. This affordable holiday accommodation offers fabulous well appointed 2 bedroom self contained apartments in a delightful low rise complex and filled with all of the modern conveniences that you will require for a relaxing holiday. The Pacific Horizons Resort is located within close proximity to the beach and this not only means that fun is just a short walk away but that you will also be blessed with a cool evening breeze most nights.
Address : 10-20 Maroubra Street, Maroochydore, Queeensland 4558.
Map of Maroochydore Accommodation Options
Activities & Tourist Attractions in Maroochydore
- Another great tousist attraction on the Sunshine Coast is the iconic Big Pineapple. This unique icon is located on Nambour Connection Road in Woombye, just a short drive from most places on the Sunshine Coast. The Big Pineapple Market is one of the biggest all weather markets on the coast and has a lively atmosphere with a huge variety of fresh and local produce. At the Big Pineapple you will also find an exciting ride for young kids, a rainforest walk, wildlife garden and harvest boat ride.
- Whilst staying in Maroochydore you really must visit one of the Sunshine Coast's most popular tourist attractions, Steve Irwin's Australia Zoo. This popular zoo is very keen on spreading the conservation message to visitors, as well as being a great place to see some truly incredible animals such as crocodiles, tigers, cheetahs, koalas, wonbats, Tasmanian devils, zebras, various birds, snakes and other reptiles. There are also plenty of interactive encounters for people of all ages to enjoy and marvel at.
- Just a short drive from Maroochydore in neighbouring Mooloolaba is the popular Underwater World. This major tourist attraction is a unique place where you will discover all about the amazing marine life that lives in the nearby waters. There are also unique animal presentations that will keep you entertained. Some of the main attractions at Underwater World include the Bay of Rays, Turtle Temple, Coral Cove, Seal Experiences, Shark Dive Xtreme and Shark Shipwreck where you can come face-to-face with the fearsome underwater creatures.
- If you enjoy golf then why not play a round at the Horton Park Golf Course. This 9 hole golf course is situated right in the heart of Maroochydore and provides players of all standards with a challanging but relaxing course. Alternatively you can leave golf until after dark and practice your swing on the full-size driving range.
Shopping Centres & Sporting Facilities in Maroochydore
- The main shopping precinct in Maroochydore is the City Beach Sunshine Plaza and it is prominently positioned in the middle of the Maroochydore city on Norton Parade. This s the largest shopping centre on the Sunshine Coast and has plenty of free undercover car parking available. The Sunshine Plaza Shopping Centre features a wide variety of different fashion boutiques, homeware stores, gift shops, food outlets and even a supermarket for your every day needs.
- Holiday makers staying in Maroochydore who want to play some sport or are just looking to keep fit should head down to the Maroochydore Multiports Complex. This sporting area is located on the corner of Fishermans Road and Bradman Avenue and features lots of sporting ovals and fields. The Maroochydore Multiports Complex caters to people playing cricket, AFL rules football, soccer and netball.
- Located on Maroochy Boulevard the Maroochydore Homemaker Centre is a large shopping centre that is filled with everything that you would need for your home. This shopping centre is open 7 days a week and has lots of car parking and a wide selection of stores selling everything from camping, clothing, electrical and furniture through to baby goods, toys, fitness equipment and homewares. The Maroochydore Homemaker Centre also features a number of of places to enjoy a bite to eat or refreshing drink.
- If you enjoy swimming or are simply looking to keep fit whilst on holidays in Maroochydore then you can make the most of the Cotton Tree Olympic Pool. Ideally positioned along the foreshore this large pool is popular with people who want to swim a few laps in the early morning as well as kids who are looking for somewhere safe to swim during the warm Sunshine Coast weather.